Mr. William England I—
Born: circa 1749
William England I has 10 children listed here: Betty England • Eli England • George England I • George England II • Mary England I • Mary England II • Samuel England • Sarah England • Susannah England • William England II
William England I ,buried Feb 9,1812, age 63, so born ca1749, Uplyme.
William England I, (Senior,) married Mary Fowler, Oct 2,1770, Uplyme, which, though barely a mile from Lyme Regis, was in Devon, rather than Dorset. They had ten children, of whom only six survived infancy. All were baptised in Uplyme except Susannah:
- Betty England chr. Apr 20,1772
- Samuel England chr. Jan 1, 1775
- William England chr. Jul 6, 1777
- Susannah England chr. Apr 11, 1779. Lyme Regis
- George England chr. Feb 8, 1781 buried Feb 25, 1781
- George England II chr. Mar 29,1782
- Mary England chr Mar 7, 1784 buried Apr 21, 1785
- Sarah England buried Jan 29, 1785
- Mary England II chr. Oct 22, 1786 buried May 15, 1788
- Eli England chr Mar 8, 1789
Mary Fowler was born Feb 11, 1745, Uplyme, daughter of Richard and Mary, née Marger.
William England II was born in Uplyme, but domiciled (your phrase) in Lyme Regis, as he was married there and had his family, and died there.He had at least 4 children, though traces of the intervening period have not been established, but he had a daughter Ophelia Jane, born Feb 24, baptDec 17.1817.Lyme.
Ophelia Jane England married Charles Westlake,.a Wesleyan Methodist Minister, Sep Q., 1838, Axminster. They had three children who survived, and a fourth, James Pulman, who died an infant
- Ophelia Jane Westlake, b. Dec Q.,1840. Leek.
- Ann Stanton Westlake, b. Mar Q., 1842, Stockport..
- James Pulman Westlake, Sep 14, 1843, died aged 3 weeks
- Henry Westlake, b.S ep Q.,.1846, Salford.